What's in a name? When it comes to nail polish, a catchy name can seal the deal for a woman searching for "her" color.
Flip the bottle to read the label, and a quirky or funny name instantly sets a shade apart in a sea of reds, pinks and nudes -- adding another coat of fun to a manicure.
Some are wacky (Deborah Lippmann's Boom Boom Pow, Butter London's Bumster or OPI's Guy Meets Gal-veston). Some are slightly racy (Butter London's Come to Bed Red and Essie's My Place or Yours).
"We're living in such a bespoke culture, everyone wants something that's speaking to them," says Eva Chen, health and beauty director at Teen Vogue.
Seattle-based Butter London turns to British slang when coming up with color names for its nail polishes. Its current bestseller, No More Waity Katie, is a cool, sparkly, purple hue that uses a former cheeky nickname for Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, to commemorate her wedding to Britain's Prince William this year.
Here are other favorite nail polish names that are more memorable than Red No. 2 or Pink No. 4.
• Tomorrow, Detox! (teal with silver glitter from Sephora Collection).
• Crown Me Already! (bold, glittery silver from OPI).
• Trophy Wife (sparkly teal from Essie).
• Take Him to the Cleaners ( brown-black from Orly).
• Call Me Irresponsible (creamy violet from Deborah Lippmann).