Carter, Altuve jump-start Astros
• HOUSTON 6, KANSAS CITY 1: Chris Carter and Jose Altuve homered to back a solid start by rookie Lance McCullers on Monday night in Houston. The Astros jumped on Joe Blanton for five runs in the first three innings and ended the Royals’ four-game winning streak.
• BOSTON 3, TORONTO 1: Clay Buchholz won his third consecutive start, and Xander Bogaerts drove in two runs in the Red Sox’s road victory. Buchholz is 10-3 in 15 career starts in Toronto.
• TEXAS 8, BALTIMORE 1: Mitch Moreland hit two of the Rangers’ season-high four home runs off Bud Norris, and Texas got another winning effort on the road from lefthander Wandy Rodriguez.
• LOS ANGELES 4, NEW YORK 1: Mike Trout’s 20th homer, a go-ahead blast in the third inning off CC Sabathia, carried the host Angels past the Yankees.
• MILWAUKEE 7, PHILADELPHIA 4: Jonathan Lucroy had four of the Brewers’ season high-tying 16 hits and drove in two runs, leading the visiting Brewers to victory. Adam Lind and Aramis Ramirez each had two RBI for the Brewers, who have won five of seven. The Phillies fell to a major league-worst 27-51.
• ARIZONA 10, LOS ANGELES 6: Welington Castillo hit a go-ahead RBI double and Paul Goldschmidt added a two-run single in a four-run eighth inning as the Diamondbacks rallied from deficits of 4-0 and 6-4 to beat the Dodgers for the first time in eight meetings.
• OAKLAND 7, COLORADO 1: Designated hitter Billy Butler went 3-for-4 with a home run, and the host Athletics pounded Rockies starter David Hale for four first-inning runs.