Rose’s bet book obtained
ESPN reported Monday it obtained a notebook that shows Pete Rose bet on Cincinnati Reds games during his last season as a player in 1986. “Outside the Lines” said it obtained a notebook seized by U.S. Postal Inspection Service in October 1989 from Rose associate Michael Bertolini, which reflect betting records from March to July 1986.
Cespedes powers Tigers
• DETROIT 8, CLEVELAND 5: Yoenis Cespedes’ three RBI and a homer helped the Tigers beat the host Indians for the 15th time in 18 games.
• TORONTO 8, TAMPA BAY 5: Three Blue Jays homered in St. Petersburg, Fla., to help manager John Gibbons secure his 500th win.
• KANSAS CITY 4, SEATTLE 1: The Royals tagged Felix Hernandez for four runs to top the host Mariners, who lost Nelson Cruz to a hamstring injury in the seventh inning. Joe Blanton earned the victory for Kansas City.
• CHICAGO 4, LOS ANGELES 2: Kris Bryant went 3-for-3 with a two-run homer off Clayton Kershaw to power the host Cubs past the Dodgers. Bryant homered twice for the Cubs after getting shut down by the Twins at Target Field.
• PHILADELPHIA 11, N.Y. YANKEES 8: Maikel Franco went 4-for-5 with five RBI and a homer to help the Phillies chase Michael Pineda after just 3 ⅓ innings in New York.