LSU, star freshmen lose third in a row
• COLLEGE OF CHARLESTON 70, LSU 58: Freshman Ben Simmons had 15 points and 18 rebounds — his fourth double-double in six games — but couldn't prevent the Tigers from suffering a third straight loss Monday. Canyon Barry had 19 points for host Charleston (4-2). Freshman Antonio Blakeney, the leading scorer for the Tigers (3-3), shot 0-for-9 and scored one point.
• WAKE FOREST 69, RUTGERS 68: Cornelius Hudson drove and scored with 18 seconds remaining, lifting the Demon Deacons (5-2) over the host Scarlet Knights (3-4) in the Big Ten/ACC Challenge. Devin Thomas had 23 points and 17 rebounds for Wake Forest. Corey Sanders scored 17 points for Rutgers.
• INDIANA 112, ALCORN STATE 70: Sophomore James Blackmon Jr. scored a career-high 33 points, leading the host Hoosiers to an easy victory. Blackmon made 11 of 16 shots, including six of nine three-pointers. He beat his previous career high of 20 points as Indiana (5-2) had six double-digit scorers.
• NO. 1 KENTUCKY 75, ILLINOIS STATE 63: The Wildcats overcame a sluggish first half to beat the visiting Redbirds. Isaiah Briscoe scored 18 points for Kentucky (7-0), which was outrebounded 20-12 in the first half. The Wildcats then held Illinois State (3-5) to 29 percent shooting in the second half.
•Point guard Marcus Paige, who missed North Carolina's first six games while recovering from a broken right hand, is expected to play Tuesday against No. 2 Maryland in the ACC-Big Ten Challenge.
• Illinois starting center Mike Thorne Jr. had surgery Monday for a torn meniscus in his left knee and is out indefinitely.Thorne was averaging 13.4 points and 8.4 rebounds.