The Minnesota Department of Transportation will reconstruct a portion of Hwy. 280 this summer, and on Tuesday representatives will host an open house to lay out plans and help motorists plan accordingly.
Commuters can attend a drop-in session from 4 to 7 p.m. at Lauderdale City Hall, 1891 Walnut Street, to learn about the project that will include resurfacing the roadway between Como Ave. and the I-35W intersection along with reconstruction of the northbound and southbound ramps at the Hwy. 280 and I-35W interchange.
It's one of several construction projects that will disrupt traffic between April and October in the east metro. The others are:
• I-694 construction between Rice Street in Arden Hills and Lexington Avenue in Little Canada
• Highway 36 bridges at Lexington Avenue in Roseville
• I-35W resurfacing between Highway 36 in Roseville and I-694 in Arden Hills
• I-35W proposed MnPASS lanes between Highway 36 in Roseville and Lexington Avenue in Blaine
• I-94 bridge repairs between Dale Street and Pelham Avenue in St. Paul
These projects are designed to improve driver safety and accessibility; lessen congestion, provide smoother road surfaces and extend the service life of area roads and bridges, MnDOT said