On Sunday night, cellphones belonging to Maple Grove girls' soccer team players started blowing up with text messages from club soccer teammates and friends now playing for Champlin Park.

Some Rebels players were positively giddy about taking an undefeated record into Monday morning's Class 2A state tournament semifinal showdown with the Crimson at U.S. Bank Stadium.

"We knew they were confident," Maple Grove senior Jordan Pauly said.

Crimson players weren't fazed. Heck, earlier this season they gave top seed Champlin Park the only blemish on its undefeated record, playing the Rebels to a draw on Sept. 5. Maple Grove did so despite losing a top player to a red card and carrying on a player short much of the game.

Pauly ignited her team's 3-0 victory in the rematch, burying one goal and setting up another in a span of three minutes in the second half for No. 5 seed Maple Grove (17-2-1).

"As soon as we got the first one and the second one, we started seeing they were panicked, like, 'Whoa, we're not used to being behind. We've never lost before,' " Pauly said. "You could sense the shift in play."

Coach Keith Pavelka, whose Rebels finished 18-1-1, said his team's state tournament nerves didn't help.

"We played a little bit hesitant," Pavelka said. "We didn't go on the attack as much as we usually do."

Centennial 2, Rosemount 1 (OT): Centennial coach Ginger Flohaug set her penalty shot lineup seven deep and drilled them at Friday's practice.

They went 7-for-7.

On Monday the first two shooters, senior Madison Monson and sophomore Lauren Ahles, each converted. Their clutch goals held off Rosemount in a 2-1 overtime victory.

Each player used positive reinforcement to ward off nerves.

"I can do it, I can do it," Monson repeated in her head before scoring the game's first goal in the 59th minute.

No. 3 seed Rosemount (17-3-1) responded with Lexi Orlando's left-footed steal and goal less than one minute later. The teams remained tied through regulation despite strong chances for both.

After a scoreless first 10-minute overtime session, No. 2 seed Centennial (18-2) got a break. Ahles said her foot got stepped on in the box, causing her to fall.

Ahles, who has verbally committed to Northeastern, went out alone on Saturday for additional practice.

She made her thoughts audible, telling herself, "One, two, three, kick."

Ahles sent the Cougars to their first title game since winning the 2016 championship.

Losing on two penalty kicks stung Rosemount.

"We didn't finish when we needed to, which would have kept us out of that trouble in the first place," coach Gretchen Stramel said. "But it's a tough loss to take when it's a judgment call."