1. Extreme Measures by Vince Flynn ($27.95, Atria). An operative searches for a terrorist cell.
2. A Mercy by Toni Morrison ($23.95, Knopf). A woman abandons her daughter to save her.
3. The Story of Edgar Sawtelle by David Wroblewski ($25.95, Ecco). A mute boy lives on his parents' farm.
4. The Hour I First Believed by Wally Lamb ($29.95, Harper). A family struggles after the Columbine shootings.
5. Scarpetta by Patricia Cornwell ($27.95, Putnam). Forensic pathologist examines an injured prisoner.
1. Hot, Flat and Crowded by Tom Friedman ($27.95, Farrar, Straus and Giroux). A look at the challenges facing the United States.
2. Dewey by Vicki Myron ($19.99, Grand Central Publishing). The story of an abandoned cat.
3. Outliers: The Story of Success by Malcolm Gladwell ($27.99, Little, Brown). A look at why different people succeed.
4. The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch ($21.95, Hyperion). A guide to seizing life's moments.
5. American Lion by Jon Meacham ($30, Random). A book about Andrew Jackson.