1. Brisingr, by Christopher Paolini ($27.50, Knopf). The third book in the Inheritance Cycle.
2. Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, by Stieg Larsson ($24.95, Knopf). A journalist watches his professional life crumble around him.
3. The Story of Edgar Sawtelle, by David Wroblewski ($25.95, Ecco). A mute boy lives on his parents' farm.
4. Downtown Owl, by Chuck Klosterman ($24, Scribner). A high school football coach gets a teenage girl pregnant.
5. Heat Lightning, by John Sandford ($26.95, Putnam). A Minnesota detective solves a murder in Stillwater.
1. The Snowball, by Alice Schroeder ($35, Bantam). A biography of Warren Buffett.
2. Hot, Flat and Crowded, by Thomas Friedman ($27.95, Farrar, Straus and Giroux). A look at challenges the United States faces.
3. Dewey, by Vicki Myron ($19.99, Grand Central Publishing). The story of an abandoned cat.
4. The War Within, by Bob Woodward ($32, Simon & Schuster). The author's fourth book about the Bush presidency.
5. In Cod We Trust, by Eric Dregni ($22.95, University of Minnesota Press). The author's memoir of time spent in Norway.
Note: Based on book sales at select area stores.