– With Seimone Augustus’ first two points Sunday, the Lynx veteran reached 5,000 for her WNBA career.

With her final two points, her team avoided what could have been another disheartening loss.

Augustus’ 9-foot jump shot with 15.2 seconds to go in overtime sent the Lynx to a 98-97 victory over the Dallas Wings at College Park Center.

Maya Moore scored 20 points to lead the Lynx, who led by 15 near the end of the third quarter only to be sent into overtime. In their two most recent losses, the Lynx blew big fourth-quarter leads and lost in OT, at Connecticut on July 7 and at home against New York on June 29.

Sunday’s game appeared to be heading to a similar outcome when back-to-back three-pointers by Plenette Pierson and Karima Christmas gave the Wings a 97-94 lead with 1:21 left in overtime. At the other end, the Lynx came up empty on four consecutive shots but kept grabbing offensive rebounds, before Lindsay Whalen was fouled and made two free throws with 50.8 seconds to play.

Rebekkah Brunson’s steal then got the Lynx the ball back, before Augustus made her winning shot off Whalen’s fifth assist of the game.

Dallas’ Aerial Powers missed a contested 11-footer with 1.6 seconds left and Sylvia Fowles pulled down her 19th rebound of the game to secure the victory.

Brunson scored 16 points, and Augustus and Fowles each had 14 for the Lynx, who outrebounded Dallas 51-34, the second-most rebounds in franchise history — two short of the 53 they had in an overtime game against Atlanta in 2012.

Dallas went scoreless for nearly 5 minutes in the third quarter and the Lynx went up 76-61 on Moore’s putback with 16.7 seconds left in the period. But the Wings, blown out by the Lynx in two earlier meetings, chipped away, tying it at 86-86 with 2:06 to go in regulation on a three-pointer by Pierson, who finished with 21 points.

Augustus responded with a three of her own with 1:39 to play, but from there the Lynx committed two turnovers, and Augustus’ miss with 14.9 seconds left gave Dallas another opportunity.

Dallas got the ball to Odyssey Sims, who was fouled by Whalen while shooting a three with 6 seconds left. Sims made all three free throws.