January's karma winners are going to love their prizes ...
Earn more than 1500 points, and you'll be entered into a random drawing to win dinner for two at the 112 Eatery, complete with the classiest transportation to and from dinner and a bottle of champagne to cap off the night.
Earn more than 1000 points, and you'll be eligible for two season ticket packages to the Guthrie! Take a date to four Guthrie shows or enjoy eight by yourself. Plus, enjoy Guthrie subscriber benefits such as a discount at Cue and free backstage tours.
Earn more than 500 points, and you could win $150 to spend at the Wedge Co-Op! Treat yourself and any lucky pals to some of the finest organic produce and locally-grown food around.
To see the top contenders for the prizes at any given moment, go to the home page and scroll down to the karma rankings. As of January 1, everyone has the same chance to win.
How do I increase my karma? By contributing to vita.mn, and especially by making contributions other users really dig. Go add your responses to a few lists or forums, start a list or forum of your own, tag a few places or events, edit a couple of guides, and watch your karma grow. (But wait a few minutes -- karma totals don't update instantaneously.)
Can I still win if I've won other vita.mn contests? Winners of the December karma contest aren't eligible for this one, since we've gotta spread the love. But if you've won any other vita.mn contests, karma or otherwise, you can still win this one. See below for full details on eligibility.
For more information on karma, read the full FAQ. For more details on the contest, look below.
Official Rules for the Vita.mn Karma Contest Giveaway:
1. No Purchase Necessary. The Vita.mn Karma Contest Giveaway is sponsored by The Star Tribune Company, located at 425 Portland Avenue, Minneapolis, MN 55488. The "Entry Deadline" is 11:59 p.m. (midnight), January 30, 2008. The "Drawing Date" is February 1, 2007. No purchase or payment is necessary to enter this Contest.
2. How to Enter. All eligible registered users of vita.mn as of January 30, 2008, are automatically entered into the contest.
3. Selection of Winners. Winners will be determined by a random selection of eligible users as defined in the prize description above. The determining tally may differ from the point total publicly displayed on vita.mn. Each winner will receive only one prize. The decisions of the Contest judges regarding entries and winners shall be final. Winners will be notified by email or phone within five (5) days of Drawing Date.
4. Claiming Prizes. To claim the prize, each winner must provide proper photo identification and must sign and send to Star Tribune, within ten (10) days of prize notification, such eligibility affidavits and prize acceptance documentation as Sponsor shall provide; failure to claim prize in such manner shall result in forfeiture of prize. All federal, state and local taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the winners. Prizes may not be substituted and are not refundable, transferable or redeemable for cash.
5. Eligibility. This Contest is open to legal residents of Minnesota and Wisconsin who are 18 years of age or older. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. This offer is void where prohibited or restricted. Employees of The Star Tribune Company, any companies owned by or affiliated with The Star Tribune Company, any Participating Companies, the advertising and promotion agencies representing any of such companies, and members of those employees families are not eligible to enter or win. The winner(s) of the previous karma contest are not eligible to enter or win. By submitting an entry, each entrant agrees to all the terms and conditions of these rules; agrees to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the Contest judges; and consents to the use of his/her name and other information for purposes of direct mail or similar solicitations. Each winner accepting a prize consents to the use of his/her name and/or likeness for advertising, trade and promotional purposes without further compensation, except where prohibited by law. Each entrant waives the right to assert, as a cost of winning any prize, any and all costs of verification and redemption or travel to redeem a prize and any liability that might arise from redeeming or seeking to redeem a prize. Each entrant releases each of the following from any and all liability with respect to or arising out of the acceptance, use, misuse or possession of any prize and/or the loss or misdirection of any prize: Sponsor and the Participating Company; their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, franchises, advertising and promotional agencies; and their respective officers, directors and employees. Star Tribune reserves the right to cancel, amend and/or revoke this Contest due to printing errors or other mistakes. Star Tribune does not accept correspondence or telephone inquiries regarding the status of entries. For a list of winners, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope, accompanied by a signed request, to: "Vita.mn Karma Contest" Giveaway, ATTN: Online Promotions, Star Tribune, 425 Portland, Minneapolis, MN 55488.