BIG TEN POWER POLL
1. Ohio State (1-0): For his next trick, Braxton Miller will kick off to himself and return it 100 yards for a score.
2. Michigan State (1-0): If Oregon wants a shootout, these Spartans are ready. See their 42-41 bowl win over Baylor.
3. Northwestern (1-0): Held then-No. 21 Stanford to 240 yards, just 3.87 per play, in a tone-setting win at Ryan Field.
4. Gophers (0-1): Seeking their biggest nonconference win of Jerry Kill’s tenure, Saturday at Colorado State.
5. Wisconsin (0-1): Injuries to Corey Clement and Michael Caputo gave the Badgers issues on both sides of the ball.
6. Nebraska (0-1): Tommy Armstrong was 24-for-41 for 319 yards against BYU, including 5-for-8 on third down.
7. Iowa (1-0): The Hawkeyes are mourning the death of two-time All-Big Ten safety Tyler Sash, at age 27.
8. Michigan (0-1): How long will Jim Harbaugh’s leash be for Jake Rudock, who threw three INTs in loss at Utah?
9. Rutgers (1-0): Big Ten’s leading returning WR Leonte Carroo had three catches for 128 yards and three touchdowns.
10. Maryland (1-0): Will Likely has more punt return yardage (233) than the rest of the Big Ten combined (223).
11. Illinois (1-0): Interim coach Bill Cubit was particularly impressed by his defensive line in rout of Kent State.
12. Penn State (0-1): Offensive line was a big question entering the year, and allowed 10 sacks in loss to Temple.
13. Purdue (0-1): Outgained Marshall 454-397, but Austin Appleby’s four interceptions proved too much.
14. Indiana (1-0): If Southern Illinois can put up 659 yards on this team, what about Ohio State on Oct. 3?