DULUTH – The high school and middle school in Hermantown were evacuated Friday due to the smell of gas — the second time this week students went home early due to gas scares.
No injuries were reported.
The district said there was a smell of gas in the high school's boiler room Friday morning and sent students home as a precaution.
On Monday there was a gas leak detected on a rooftop air handling unit, the school district said, closing the high school and middle school at noon.
Students will be on holiday break until Jan. 2.
"We're going to check everything in that system and make sure we're good to go when everyone gets back," Superintendent Kerry Juntunen said.