Vikings wide receiver Percy Harvin collapsed on the field at the team’s Winter Park facility Thursday while watching practice after having a recurrence of migraine headaches. Harvin was down on the field for several minutes before being taken to Fairview Southdale hospital in Edina via ambulance.

Update: Wide receiver Bernard Berrian put on his Twitter account that "Percy's doin fine everyone," at about 3:35 p.m. this afternoon.

Harvin, who has suffered from the headaches since he was 10 years old, had his first  migraine episode of the day this morning before the media was allowed in to watch practice when he looked up into the sky to field a punt. Harvin went inside the locker room and returned to the field as the Vikings went into a group installation drill.
Harvin doubled over and vomited at 12:11 p.m. and then fell to the field. Teammates gathered around him as a cart was initially brought out but practice continued. Practice was stopped about six minute later and an Eden Prairie police car arrived at 12:20 p.m. Five minutes later an ambulance arrived on the field as players and coaches watched.
A group of players remained gathered around Harvin.
"I don't know how to classify [the episode]," Childress said. "Not reallly a seizure but he had some trouble over here. I'd be remiss if I tried to qualify it one way or the other. He seemed like he was stable. Shugs [head athletic trainer Eric Sugarman], Dr. [Sheldon] Burns and Dr. [Chris] Larson were all with him right there and Shugs and Dr. Burns rode to the hospital with him. ... As we say those things [migraines] can be debilitating and obviously that one hit and hit hard. It's always scary for all of our guys when you see a teammate struggling with whatever. We said a quick prayer for him."
As the ambulance remained on one field with Harvin inside, the Vikings resumed practice for about 10 minutes. Childress said that came at the mention of quarterback Brett Favre, who suggested the team do one more period and not just go in the locker room. After that period, the practice was then called off but players did continue to do some conditioning."
Childress said that Harvin was responsive from "second-to-second," but he was "a little disoriented." Childress did not immediately get over to Harvin after he went down and said there was a portion of that time when the second-year player from Florida was "a little bit unresponsive." Childress admitted he had never been around Harvin when he had an episode like this.
Harvin's teammates were understandably shook up. "It sounds like he's doing better now but I'm sure it was a pretty scary situation being over there," said linebacker Ben Leber, who was working on another field when Harvin collapsed.
"Any time you have a player go down, any time you see that ambulance come in you know it's a serious issue. All of our hearts and thoughts are with him and his family and we're hoping to get some good news here pretty soon."
Said running back Adrian Peterson: "It’s been tough for him. I just encourage him the best way I can. Tell him to pray and it will be all right. I don’t know the extent of the situation that he’s going through because I never had those migraines. I don’t know how they feel. I can just let him know that I’m here if you need me and everything will be all right."
Harvin missed two weeks of training camp while dealing with migraines after the death of his grandmother. He missed a number of practices and one game last season, his rookie season, while dealing with them. Harvin said the severe effects include vomiting and loss of vision. Harvin was scheduled to talk to reporters Thursday for the first time since he left training camp in Mankato on Aug. 1.
"We're going to have to deal with some form of adversity, whether this is the first of many I'm not sure," Childress said. "But it's not so much the adversity that happens, it's how you react to it. That will always be the case."