With national signing day coming Wednesday, the Gophers have 19 players committed, and several balls still in the air, according to the various recruiting services. A look at the situations that are coming down to the wire, with star rankings from the 247Sports Composite Index:
* Dredrick Snelson, a three-star wide receiver from Hollywood, Fla., is technically committed to the Gophers. But he plans to pick Wednesday between Minnesota, Penn State, Central Florida, Maryland and Miami.
* Coney Durr, a three-star cornerback from Geismar, La., is committed to the Gophers but visited Virginia Tech this past weekend, one weekend after visiting North Carolina. His decision is reportedly down to the Gophers and Virginia Tech.
* DeMarcus Williams, a two-star quarterback from Jackson, Al., plans to announce his decision on Wednesday and all signs are pointing to the Gophers. He would join Seth Green as quarterbacks in this recruiting class.
* TaMarion Johnson, a three-star defensive end from Southfield, Mich., plans to announce his decision on Wednesday and appears headed for the Gophers, as well.
* Akreem Byrd, a three-star running back from Savannah, Ga., is likely headed to Missouri, though there’s still a chance he’ll wind up with the Gophers.
* Daniel Thomas, a three-star safety from Montgomery, Al., is reportedly leaning toward becoming a Gopher – unless Auburn swoops in late with an offer.
Stay tuned -- and get the latest on Wednesday for our signing day Live Blog at startribune.com/sports.