Apple Valley scored seven unanswered goals in the heart of the game to defeat Blake 11-6 on Thursday in the semifinals of the girls' lacrosse state tournament at Chanhassen High School. The Eagles advance to the title game for the first time in school history.

The outburst — starting late in the first half and extending in the second, including four goals by Star Tribune Metro Player of the Year Reagan Roelofs — gave Apple Valley a 10-3 lead. Roelofs finished with five goals.

"I don't want to get too cocky," Roelofs said about her and the team's confidence. "We are going to take this game as a hard-fought battle and turn it into something to push us to the state championship."

The Eagles (17-1) limited the Bears (14-4) with full-length pressure defense. The Bears went through stretches, including while the Eagles built their big lead, in which they had difficulty making passes. Bears goaltender Lucia Warner was forced to hold the ball for long stretches.

"Slowing them down is a big way to stop a fast break," Roelofs said. "Our attack has worked on our defense in practices and it really helped. We knew that if we put pressure on their younger players, we could create turnovers."

With the score tied 3-3, Sophia Leong scored her second goal of the game with 3:58 left in the first half to put the Eagles ahead for good. She and her sister, Lily, had gotten the Eagles off to a good start with a goal each in the first 3½ minutes of the game.

Molly Moynihan had two goals and two assists for the Eagles, and Josie Segar also scored.

The third-seeded Bears went on a run in the second half, but could not get closer than four goals. Sophie Skallerud scored two of her three goals in a seven-minute span late in the second half. Sara McClanahan scored twice for the Bears.

Eden Prairie 18, Lakeville North 3: The three-time defending state champion Eagles (16-2) are back in the title game, prevailing in a weather-shortened semifinal round game over the Panthers (14-3) at Chanhassen High School. The game was called with under seven minutes remaining after lightning was spotted in the area.

The top-seeded Eagles controlled the majority of the game. Maggie Brown put the Eagles ahead for good 6:30 into the game. They went on to score seven consecutive goals in a 14:18 span in the first half.

"We had no holding back this game," junior Brooke Lewis said. "Sometimes we stall a little bit. We wanted to keep pushing and show that we deserved to win this."

Abby Johnson and Maggie Brown had two goals each during the barrage, and each finished with five.