Blue Jays get back on track
• TORONTO 5, DETROIT 3: Josh Donaldson and Troy Tulowitzki hit back-to-back homers, Jose Bautista also connected and the Blue Jays won for the eighth time in 10 games, beating the host Tigers on Friday night. Ian Kinsler and Anthony Gose homered for the Tigers, losers of seven of eight.
• KANSAS CITY 3, TAMPA BAY 2: Kendrys Morales hit his 15th homer, Edinson Volquez pitched into the seventh inning and the AL Central-leading Royals beat the Rays in St. Petersburg, Fla. Morales' two-run shot in the third struck an overhanging catwalk.
• TEXAS 4, BALTIMORE 1: Cole Hamels delivered his best performance yet for the host Rangers, striking out 10 Orioles in eight innings. Baltimore lost for the eighth time in nine games.
• SEATTLE 2, CHICAGO 0: Taijuan Walker gave up three hits before leaving because of a hip injury in the seventh inning as the Mariners beat the host White Sox.
Kershaw strikes out 14 Cubs
• LOS ANGELES 4, CHICAGO 1: Clayton Kershaw struck out 14 to win for the first time in three outings and the NL West-leading Dodgers beat the visiting Cubs, who have lost three in a row. Kershaw (11-6) gave up one run and three hits in eight innings. He walked one in the Dodgers' first home game in two weeks.
• PITTSBURGH 5, COLORADO 3: Pinch hitter Josh Harrison singled home Francisco Cervelli with the go-ahead run in the eighth inning and the host Pirates beat the Rockies.
• MIAMI 4, WASHINGTON 3: Martin Prado and Marcell Ozuna homered off Max Scherzer (11-11), and the Marlins built a three-run lead and held on to beat the host Nationals.
• PHILADELPHIA 7, SAN DIEGO 1: Rookie Aaron Nola pitched seven strong innings and Cameron Rupp homered and drove in four runs, leading the host Phillies over the Padres.
• MILWAUKEE 5, CINCINNATI 0: Taylor Jungmann pitched six strong innings and the host Brewers shut out the Reds.
• BOSTON 6, N.Y. METS 4 (10): Blake Swihart hit an inside-the-park home run in a three-run 10th inning and the Red Sox stopped the seven-game winning streak of the host Mets.
• NEW YORK 15, ATLANTA 4: Didi Gregorius drove in six runs, Brian McCann hit a three-run homer in his return to Atlanta and the Yankees shook off a scoring slump to beat the Braves.
• ARIZONA 6, OAKLAND 4: Pinch hitter Aaron Hill's double produced the go-ahead run off Athletics ace Sonny Gray, Paul Goldschmidt homered and the Diamondbacks won in Phoenix.
• Vin Scully, 87, will return for a record 67th season in the broadcast booth for the Los Angeles Dodgers. The news was revealed in the second inning of Friday night's game against the Cubs.
• Giants righthander Matt Cain was put on the 15-day disabled list because of irritation in his pitching elbow.
• The Los Angeles Dodgers put Yasiel Puig back on the 15-day disabled list, again because of a strained right hamstring.
• Boston righthander Clay Buchholz is done for the season because of a strained flexor muscle in his right elbow.