Quintana shuts out Cleveland
• CHICAGO 6, CLEVELAND 0: Jose Quintana pitched a seven-hitter for his first career shutout and complete game and Jose Abreu homered for the White Sox in a victory Friday night in Cleveland. Melky Cabrera, batting .474 in his career against Corey Kluber, hit a two-run double in the eighth.
• TAMPA BAY 3, BALTIMORE 1: The Orioles lost for the first time this season when leading after seven innings, after Tim Beckham broke an eighth-inning tie with a two-out, bases-loaded single in St. Petersburg, Fla. The Rays had been limited to two hits over seven innings by Orioles starter Chris Tillman.
• BOSTON 2, DETROIT 1 (11): Xander Bogaerts’ single in the bottom of the 11th inning won it for the host Red Sox. Tigers righthander Justin Verlander and former Detroit teammate Rick Porcello dueled to a draw.
• TEXAS 4, LOS ANGELES 2: Josh Hamilton tuned out the boos at Angel Stadium as he doubled, singled and scored two runs in his return for the Rangers. The Angeles’ Mike Trout hit his 29th home run, pulling even with teammate Albert Pujols atop the AL.
• SEATTLE 5, TORONTO 2: Felix Hernandez pitched seven innings to pick up his 12th victory of the season, Mark Trumbo hit a two-run homer and the host Mariners beat the Blue Jays.
Pirates best Scherzer this time
• PITTSBURGH 7, WASHINGTON 5: Gregory Polanco homered and drove in three runs for the Pirates, who scored five runs in five innings against Max Scherzer just over a month after Scherzer no-hit the Pirates. Neil Walker and Pedro Alvarez also homered off Scherzer.
• PHILADELPHIA 5, CHICAGO 3 (10): Jeff Francoeur hit a two-run homer with two outs in the 10th inning as the Phillies, who had rallied in the ninth, beat the host Cubs. Francoeur drove his game-winner deep to left off Cubs reliever Rafael Soriano.
• MILWAUKEE 2, ARIZONA 1: Ryan Braun homered in the sixth for the Brewers, who scored the decisive run on a wild pitch in the ninth against the host Diamondbacks. Arizona’s Patrick Corbin struck out 10 in seven innings.
• COLORADO 6, CINCINNATI 5: Carlos Gonzalez homered twice, tying the score each time, before the Rockies won when Charlie Blackmon scored on a wild pitch in the bottom of the ninth inning.
• LOS ANGELES 7, NEW YORK 2: Justin Turner homered and drove in three runs against his former club, leading the Dodgers past the host Mets.
• ST. LOUIS 4, ATLANTA 2: Randal Grichuk homered for the second game in a row as the Cardinals handed the Braves their sixth consecutive road loss.
• SAN DIEGO 3, MIAMI 1: Back-to-back homers by Yonder Alonso and Matt Kemp lifted Andrew Cashner and the host Padres.
• SAN FRANCISCO 9, OAKLAND 3: Brandon Belt drove in three runs and Hunter Pence had four of the host Giants’ 17 hits.
• The Mets acquired infielder Juan Uribe, outfielder Kelly Johnson and cash from Atlanta for two minor league pitchers.