Danks pitches White Sox to DH split
• KANSAS CITY 4-0, CHICAGO 2-2: John Danks pitched four-hit ball into the seventh and led the host White Sox to a victory that gave them a doubleheader split with the division-leading Royals on Friday night. In the opener, home runs by Alex Rios and Mike Moustakas lifted the Royals. It was the first homer since Opening Day for Rios, who missed about six weeks in April and May because of a broken left hand.
• LOS ANGELES 1, BOSTON 0: Mike Trout returned from his second consecutive All-Star MVP performance with a walk-off home run with two outs in the ninth, lifting the Angels over the Red Sox after they were no-hit through six innings by Wade Miley. Trout, who led off Tuesday's All-Star Game with a home run against major league ERA leader Zack Greinke, drove an 0-1 pitch from Red Sox closer Koji Uehara way over the fence in left-center for his American League-leading 27th homer.
• TORONTO 6, TAMPA BAY 2: Josh Donaldson's two-run homer and Justin Smoak's three-run shot lifted the host Blue Jays over the Rays. Both homers came in a five-run fifth. Donaldson went 1-for-2 with two walks and raised his RBI total to 62, tying him with New York's Mark Teixeira for the AL lead.
• NEW YORK 4, SEATTLE 3: Alex Rodriguez blasted a tiebreaking home run in the seventh inning, and the host Yankees overcame two homers by Kyle Seager to beat the Mariners. It was Rodriguez's 19th homer of the season and 673rd of his career.
• HOUSTON 3, TEXAS 2: The host Astros scratched across three runs in the first three innings for Colin McHiugh, who scattered 11 singles over six innings but allowed only one Rangers run.
Parra has Pirates' number
• MILWAUKEE 4, PITTSBURGH 1: Gerardo Parra had three of the Brewers' five hits off Charlie Morton, and finished with two RBI in a home victory over the Pirates.
• SAN DIEGO 4, COLORADO 2: James Shields won for the first time in six weeks, backed by homers from Matt Kemp, Jedd Gyorko and Justin Upton in San Diego.
• PHILADELPHIA 6, MIAMI 3: Jeff Francoeur hit a pinch-hit three-run home run in Philadelphia's four-run eighth inning, and the host Phillies broke a five-game losing streak.
•ST. LOUIS 3, NEW YORK 2: Jhonny Peralta hit a tiebreaking home run in the sixth inning and Lance Lynn outdueled Noah Syndergaard in the Cardinals' victory in St. Louis. Curtis Granderson hit his fifth leadoff homer of the season for the Mets.
• CINCINNATI 3, CLEVELAND 1: Mike Leake pitched six effective innings and drove in three runs, and Marlon Byrd had a homer among his four hits for the victorious Reds in Cincinnati. Leake is 4-1 over his last six starts.
•Two failures in a bank of lights caused more than two hours in delays and led to the suspension of the Nationals-Dodgers game at Nationals Park, with the Nationals ahead 3-2 after five innings. The game will be resumed Saturday afternoon, before the teams' regularly scheduled game.