A fire Friday morning at the H&M store in Edina’s Southdale Center caused smoke and water damage, but no injuries.

The fire, on the store’s second floor, was reported at 10:30 a.m., just after its opening, according to Kaylin Eidsness, a spokeswoman for the city. The store’s sprinkler system had the fire under control by the time firefighters arrived, she said.

The store sustained smoke and water damage and was closed, she said.

“We’re treating it as a suspicious fire,” Eidsness said. Anyone with information is asked to call the department at 952-826-1600.

SUSAN FEYDER