DISTRIBUTING THE PAIN
$1.1 million in cuts from the 2008-09 budget could include:
• $57,000 to close the pool at Twin Oaks Middle School.
• $50,000 to increase busing perimeter to .75 mile away from school for elementary students and 1.5 miles for secondary students.
• $165,000 to reduce two administrative positions by combining duties.
• $58,000 to not replace a retiring learning disabilities teacher.
• $79,791 in middle school activities, such as increasing fees, getting rid of some traveling sports programs, and activities such as newspaper, chess teams, speech, and the district spelling bee.
• $80,832 in reductions from high school activities by increasing fees and reducing programs such as the ninth-grade B sports teams, chess teams, and peer mediation programs.