Creamy Parmesan-Chive Ranch Dip for Vegetables
Makes about 2 cups.
Note: Quick, easy and fresh, this homemade dip also doubles as a flavorful salad dressing. You can certainly set out the dip in a bowl with a platter of vegetables, or you can spoon some into a little glass, or even a Mason jar, and top with the veggie dippers. Kids seem to love their own special serving and it avoids the issue of inevitable double-dipping.
• 1/2 c. low-fat mayo
• 1/2 c. low-fat sour cream
• 3/4 c. low-fat buttermilk
• 1/4 c. grated Parmesan
• 3 tbsp. finely chopped chives
• 1 tbsp. lemon juice
• 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
• 1/4 tsp. hot sauce
• 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
• Vegetable dippers, such as sugar snap peas, bell pepper strips, baby carrots, zucchini sticks, broccoli spears, cauliflower florets, celery sticks and cherry tomatoes.
Mix all the ingredients together and serve alongside vegetable dippers.
Nutrition information per serving of ¼ cup:
Calories 61 Fat 3 g Sodium 236 mg
Carbohydrates 6 g Saturated fat 1 g Calcium 91 mg
Protein 3 g Cholesterol 8 mg Dietary fiber 0 g
Diabetic exchanges per serving: ½ milk, ½ fat.