Here's how to contact the three credit bureaus:

Equifax Inc.

In care of minor child

P.O. Box 105139

Atlanta, GA 30348

Write a letter stating your concern or request and include the child's Social Security number and a copy of their birth certificate as well as the parent's ID (i.e. driver's license).


The company handles these inquiries through a secure website. Visit and search for "Child Identity Theft Inquiry."


PO Box 9554

Allen, TX 75013

Write a letter and include: a copy of your driver's license, proof of address such as a bank statement or utility bill (copy OK), a copy of your child's birth certificate and Social Security card, your child's full name, date of birth, and home addresses for the past two years.

For more information about child ID theft, visit:, search for "Child ID theft"