The most wonderful time of the year is finally here. Christmas? Close. College football season.
We've got the countdown clock in motion here at Star Tribune World Headquarters. My installment today focuses on my favorite college football venues that I've visited and those that I have on my bucket list.
Must-see stadiums: 1. Neyland Stadium, Tennessee; 2. Rose Bowl; 3. Ohio Stadium; 4. Notre Dame Stadium; 5. Sanford Stadium, Georgia.
My bucket list:
• Tiger Stadium, LSU. They say nothing in college football compares to a night game at LSU.
• Memorial Stadium, Clemson. I'd love to take in the scene at Death Valley when players touch Howard's Rock and roar down The Hill.
• Kyle Field, Texas A&M. The 12th Man gives Aggies a passionate and loud home-field advantage.
• Autzen Stadium, Oregon. Seats only 54,000 but is known as being one of the loudest stadiums in college football.
• Army-Navy game. The tradition and pageantry makes this an annual must-watch game for me. Hopefully, I can witness one in person someday.
Bloggin' Scoggins: startribune.com/sports