BIG TEN POWER POLL
1. Ohio State (2-0): The quarterback situation remains unsettled between Cardale Jones and J.T. Barrett. Poor Buckeyes.
2. Michigan State (2-0): After topping Oregon, the Spartans are now 5-1 in their past six games against top-10 teams.
3. Northwestern (2-0): The Wildcats travel to Duke after holding Stanford and Eastern Illinois to a combined six points.
4. Gophers (1-1): They are 20-2 when winning the turnover battle under Jerry Kill, including last week’s victory.
5. Wisconsin (1-1): Robert Wheelwright emerges as another go-to receiver for Joel Stave, joining Alex Erickson.
6. Nebraska (1-1): Mike Riley has chance for a statement victory. The Huskers are three-point underdogs at Miami.
7. Iowa (2-0): The Hawkeyes will have people’s attention if they handle a Pitt squad missing RB James Conner.
8. Michigan (1-1): With strong defense and improving running game, the Wolverines are regaining their identity.
9. Illinois (2-0): After outscoring Kent State, Western Illinois 96-3, the Illini will get tested at North Carolina.
10. Rutgers (1-1): Brutal off-field news overshadowed a disappointing three-point loss to Washington State.
11. Penn State (1-1): Week 1 debacle at Temple looks a little better, since Temple went on to win at Cincinnati.
12. Purdue (1-1): The Boilermakers are a nice upset pick at home Saturday against Virginia Tech’s No. 2 quarterback.
13. Maryland (1-1): Quarterback Perry Hills (52.9 completion percentage, two INTs), got benched in favor of Caleb Rowe.
14. Indiana (2-0): No surprise that quarterback Nate Sudfeld averages close to 300 passing yards per game, now that he’s healthy.