Phil Housley’s road to the Hall of Fame
• Born in South St. Paul on March 9, 1964.
• Played with the St. Paul Vulcans of the USHL in 1980-81.
• Played with the South St. Paul High School in 1980-81 and 1981-82.
• Drafted sixth overall in 1982 by Buffalo and made the NHL all-rookie team.
• Housley played parts of 21 NHL season with the Buffalo Sabres, Winnipeg Jets, St. Louis Blues, Calgary Flames, New Jersey Devils, Washington Capitals, Chicago Blackhawks and Toronto Maple Leafs.
• Played in NHL All-Star Game in 1984, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993 and 2000.
• Second leading scorer among U.S.-born players in the NHL with 338 goals, 894 assists and 1,232 points. He was the leader until Mike Modano passed him in 2007.
• Fourth-leading scorer among defensemen in NHL history behind Ray Bourque, Paul Coffey and Al McInnis.
• Coached 2013 U.S. junior national team to gold medal.