Atlanta Braves center fielder Ender Inciarte will miss four to six weeks after straining his right hamstring while running the bases Friday.
It's the second serious injury this year for Inciarte, who returned July 27 from a lumbar strain that sidelined him for 55 games. He hopes to return before the end of the regular season and be ready for the postseason.
Inciarte is the latest everyday Braves player to get hurt, joining Nick Markakis, Austin Riley and Dansby Swanson.
Season might be over
Red Sox ace lefthander Chris Sale was placed on the 10-day injured list with left elbow inflammation, raising questions about whether he will pitch again this season.
• Indians righthander Carlos Carrasco, who was diagnosed in June with a treatable form of leukemia, threw 25 pitches of batting practice at Class A Lake County on Friday.
• Yankees lefthander CC Sabathia is expected to come off the injured list to start Sunday against the Indians.
• Phillies pitcher David Robertson had Tommy John surgery on Thursday.
• Dodgers pitcher Julio Urias accepted a 20-game suspension by MLB for a domestic violence incident and is expec-ted to return in September.
• The Giants and Diamondbacks combined to hit 12 home runs on Friday night in Phoenix, one short of the MLB record. Mike Yastrzemski went deep three times for the Giants, including a tiebreaking shot in the 11th inning.