The Ghost with the Most is definitely making a return to the big screen, according to Winona Ryder.
Ryder, who co-starred alongside Michael Keaton in Tim Burton’s “Beetlejuice,” told Seth Meyers on Monday that she can confirm the sequel TheWrap previously reported way back in 2013 is still in the works.
“I think I can confirm it because Tim Burton did this interview — like it was very hush-hush top secret — and then he was doing press for ‘Big Eyes’ and he did an on-camera interview and he said, ‘Oh yeah, we’re doing it and Winona’s gonna be in it,'” Ryder said.
Ryder also revealed that the film has had a lasting impact on her life, or at least on her travel experience. “At airports, going through security, I have not been let through security unless I said ‘Beetlejuice’ three times,” she told Meyers.
The actress, who is busy promoting David Simon’s HBO miniseries “Show Me a Hero,” did not reveal any particularly pertinent details about “Beetlejuice 2.”
If the creative team TheWrap reported nearly two years ago remains intact, Seth Grahame-Smith wrote the script and is producing alongside David Katzenberg of KatzSmith Productions, as well as the Geffen Company, which produced the 1988 classic.