Just like the weather, congestion had a chilling effect on Tuesday morning's rush. Traffic moved swiftly until about 7 a.m., and then drive times increased dramatically.
A wreck in the Lowry Hill Tunnel knotted up eastbound 94 traffic from just after 7 a.m. and things remained tight until 8:30 a.m., with travel times from Broadway to Hwy. 280 running as long as 20 minutes. Westbound drivers trudged along from Dale Street to the Lowry Tunnel, with trip times about 7 to 10 minutes longer than normal.
The construction zones on southbound Hwy. 100 and I-494 did commuters on favors. It was painfully slow for most of the morning between I-94 and 394 on both routes.
Northbound 35W locked up between the Crosstown and downtown Minneapolis around 7:45 a.m. Part of that was due to a fender bender that came and went quickly near Diamond Lake Road.
Here are our current hotspots:
- Crash on the exit of southbound 35W at Hwy. 10
- Crash in left lane of northbound Hwy. 169 at 77th Avenue
- Westbound 94 ramp to Riverside Avenue
- Stall on westbound Crosstown at France Avenue
- Stall on northbound Hwy. 100 at Excelsior Blvd.
- Heavy traffic on westbound 94 from Snelling Avenue to Park Avenue