Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Tuesday:
1. WHAT TRIGGERED BIG MARKET SELL-OFF
The Dow and other U.S. indexes plunge after oil dips below $50 for the first time in more than five years.
2. KEYSTONE PIPELINE TOPS AGENDA AS CONGRESS RETURNS
GOP leaders in both houses predict a swift veto showdown with Obama over the long-stalled oil project.
3. WHY US IS IN DEEP-FREEZE
The jet stream is dipping, meaning cold air from Canada and other northern areas is plummeting into the eastern two-thirds of the nation.
4. HEALTH OFFICIALS BRACE FOR POSSIBLY BAD FLU SEASON
Experts are worried because the nasty bug that's making most people sick isn't included in this year's vaccine.
5. JURY SELECTION BEGINS FOR ACCUSED BOSTON BOMBER
It's perhaps the most scrutinized terror trial in the U.S. since the Oklahoma City bombing two decades ago.
6. DETENTIONS ON RISE IN CUBA, RIGHTS GROUP SAYS
The Cuban government allegedly carried out a record number of detentions of dissidents and political activists last year.
7. US SKI TEAM 'IN SHOCK' AFTER DEATHS
Two prospects on the squad are killed by an avalanche while skiing near their European training base in the Austrian Alps.
8. HOW SPACEX HOPES TO RECYCLE BOOSTER ROCKET
After launching a rocket into space, the company intends to fly the booster back down for a pinpoint landing on a platform off the Florida coast.
9. BESS MYERSON, FIRST JEWISH MISS AMERICA, DIES AT 90
Her image — and political career — crumbled in the mid-1980s under a barrage of embarrassments known as the "Bess Mess."
10. CHRIS CHRISTIE IS COWBOYS' NEWEST GOOD-LUCK CHARM
The New Jersey governor says he has attended five Dallas games — and the team has won them all.