Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
1. WHAT'S IN OBAMA'S $4 TRILLION BUDGET PLAN
The president proposes higher taxes on wealthier Americans and corporations, and a $478 billion public works program for highway, bridge and transit upgrades.
2. PATRIOTS FANS CELEBRATE RAUCOUSLY, BUT PEACEFULLY
Crowds of mostly college-aged revelers gathered in various areas around Boston after the team's 28-24 victory over the Seattle Seahawks.
3. OBAMA RECONSIDERING LETHAL ASSISTANCE TO UKRAINE
An administration official says the president continues to have concerns about taking the step, including the risks of starting a proxy war with Russia.
4. PAKISTAN ARMING TEACHERS TO FACE TALIBAN
In the wake of the Peshawar attack that killed 150, the government wants schools to be protected against terror threats.
5. SNOWSTORM HITS MIDWEST, CREEPS EAST
Blizzard conditions cause power outages in Chicago and promise trouble in Pennsylvania, New York and New England, with heavy accumulations forecast to the north and freezing rain south.
6. KURDS MAINTAIN TENUOUS HOLD ON GAINS
Kurdish fighters are struggling to protect territories they have won from the Islamic State group which is still far from beaten in northern Iraq.
7. SOCIAL MEDIA EMBRACES TWEET SENT BY SLAIN JAPANESE HOSTAGE FOUR YEARS AGO
Kenji Goto had written a message of tolerance, saying, "Hate is not for humans. Judgment lies with God".
8. CDC: TODDLER FOOD OFTEN HAS TOO MUCH SALT, SUGAR
A new study says such meals for little ones could make them develop a taste for ingredients that lead to obesity later in life.
9. HOW 'STILL ALICE' IS RAISING AWARENESS OF ALZHEIMER'S SYMPTOMS
The movie, starring Julianne Moore, is pointing to signs of developing the memory-loss illness, including social withdrawal and inability to complete familiar tasks.
10. CONCERN OVER WHITNEY HOUSTON'S DAUGHTER
Bobbi Kristina Brown is reportedly in a hospital in Atlanta after being found face down and unresponsive in a bathtub.