10 highest-paid actresses in 2016
Jennifer Lawrence is still the world’s highest-paid actress, topping Forbes’ annual ranking for the second year straight. But some of the other names on the list might surprise you.
1. Lawrence is tops again this year, posting earnings of $46 million. She benefited from last fall’s “Hunger Games” finale as well as “Joy.” And now she commands eight-digit upfront acting fees.
2. Melissa McCarthy rides high with a reported $33 million in the past year. Forbes reports that her “Ghostbusters” role and clothing line were factors.
3. Scarlett Johansson reportedly earned $17.5 million alone for her part in the upcoming crime drama “Ghost in the Shell.” Her Dolce & Gabbana deal didn’t hurt, either.
4. Jennifer Aniston earns roughly $21 million per year, mostly from endorsements (i.e., Smartwater). She’s set to appear in the upcoming comedy “Office Christmas Party.”
5. “X-Men: Days of Future Past” star Fan Bingbing is a big deal in China. She earned an estimated $17 million in the past year, thanks in part to deals with Chopard and L’Oréal.
6. Charlize Theron will rake in $16.5 million from acting gigs — including $10 million for “The Huntsman: Winter’s War” — and from her Dior J’Adore perfume deal.
7. Amy Adams is set to earn $13.5 million this year. Her recurring role as Lois Lane in the DC Comics movies proved lucrative — same goes for her endorsement deal with Max Mara.
8. Julia Roberts will bring in $12 million, proving she still has it at 48. Her deal with Lancôme is what gave her paycheck an edge.
9. “Bad Moms” star Mila Kunis added $11 million to her name in the past year. Supplementing her acting income are endorsements for British jewelry company Gemfields and Jim Beam whiskey.
10. Bollywood actress Deepika Padukone makes her debut in the rankings with an estimated $10 million this year, mostly from endorsements.