Accidentally-lit gasoline caused an auto body shop in a residential block of north Minneapolis to catch fire Wednesday, leaving one person burned, authorities said.

Firefighters were called at 10:40 a.m. to Fremont Automotive Service at 4053 Fremont Av. N., where they found the one-and-a-half story shop fully engulfed, according to Assistant Minneapolis Fire Chief Charles Brynteson. A worker inside the body shop was taken to North Memorial Medical Center, then Hennepin County Medical Center with minor burns. Crews protected one nearby home and evacuated a second. An occupant of a nearby home was assisted by the Red Cross.

After several hours and a second alarm to assist with manpower, the fire was under control at 2 p.m. Crews were expected to remain on scene to monitor hot spots.

Firefighters determined that the official cause of the blaze is an accidental ignition of gasoline. No firefighters were injured.