Ronny Turiaf returned action Monday after two months away injured.
Is Chase Budinger right behind?
The Wolves weren't saying one way or the other at this morning's shootaround, but the fact that they didn't declare Budinger out for tonight's late game against the Suns at Target Center probably means there's a decent chance he makes his season debut.
Budinger in October underwent his second knee surgery in 11 months on a torn meniscus and hasn't played yet this season.
Either way, Luc Mbah a Moute will not play tonight, the third consecutive game he'll miss because of a strained groin injury.
A few other things:
* Remember tonight's game is a late 8:30 p.m. start because it's the second game of ESPN's national doubleheader.
* Robbie Hummel and A.J. Price both were at shootaround this morning with a peace of mind that didn't have yesterday.
Well, sort of.
Tuesday's 4 p.m. passed without either player being waived, which means both players non-guaranteed contracts will become guaranteed for the rest of the season on Friday now.
Hummel was living in sweet rookie ignorance anyway, believing Friday was the key date and not realizing the two-day waiver process entered the picture.
"My mom called and said `Congrats,' and I was like for what?" Hummel said. "It really made it a lot easier for me because I was worried about it. I thought the deadline was the 10th...It feels good but at the same time you still have to work hard, still got to do your part. It's great to know your contract is guaranteed, but there's still a lot of work to be done."
* The Wolves are asking their fans to participate in a "Show Kevin Some Love" campaign.
No, you're not supposed to go up and hug the dude.
They're asking to vote Love in as an All-Star starter -- he's currently fourth in voting in frontcourt balloting that will choose the top three frontcourt players -- by texting, tweeting, on Instagram or on nba.com.
"It would mean a lot," Turiaf said about getting his teammate in as a starter, "but for me, what more can he do? The guy is second in scoring. He reminded me yesterday that I stole two rebounds from him so he lost his lead supposedly. What more can he do? He's leading us every single day in practices and in the games."
You can vote for Love by:
- Texting `Love' to 69622.
- Tweet "Kevin Love" and include #nbaballot
- Visit nba.com/asb and the NBA Game Time app to vote.
- Post any photo on Instragram and including "Kevin Love" with #nbaballot in the caption.
- Comment on an official NBA All-Star Facebook post and include "Kevin Love" with #nbaballot