targets met and unmet
Some examples of targets set in a 2007 strategic plan by Minneapolis schools aimed at shrinking the achievement gap.
• Kindergarten literacy readiness
• Eighth-graders passing algebra
• Career and technical students taking an advanced course.
not met but improved
• Third-grade reading and math proficiency vs. state results
• Four-year graduation rate
• Students taking an advanced course
• All-grade reading and math proficiency vs. state results
• Drop in percent of students suspended.
• Students meeting a college success threshold on pre-ACT test
• Students scoring well in advanced course exams
• Students recording high growth in reading
• Number of minority students in special education
• Share of students recording 95 percent attendance.