The first full weekend of fall is shaping up to be a warm one, perfect for romping through a corn maze or checking out the bright yellow, red and orange tree leaves.
Like the trees, drivers will find lots of color - as in cones - on metro area roadways with one more closure on I-94 in Brooklyn Center. The Lake Street-Marshall bridge in Minneapolis is down to a single lane for nine days.
Big crowds are expected around sporting events, including the Vikings' game at noon Sunday at U.S. Bank Stadium and the 30,000 fans expected to pack Target Field Saturday for the St. Thomas-St. John's football game.
Other traffic generating events include a Wild preseason game at 5 p.m. Saturday at the Xcel Energy Center in St. Paul, a Minnesota United soccer game at 7 p.m. Saturday at TCF Bank Stadium and a Lynx playoff game Sunday at Williams Arena at the U.
Interstate 94 in Minneapolis and St. Paul
1. I-94 from Minneapolis to Brooklyn Center: Eastbound lanes closed from 10 p.m. Friday until 5 a.m. Monday between I-694 and Hwy. 252. Drivers will be detoured to south on Hwy. 169 to east I-394.Ramps to and from Shingle Creek Parkway will be closed. Periodic lane closures between Hwy. 252 and Hwy. 55. Third Street ramp in downtown Minneapolis to I-94 west will also be closed from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday.
2. I-94 from St. Paul to Maplewood: Eastbound has one lane set aside for through traffic while one lane is for drivers who want to access local streets. Lane and restrictions and ramp closures between Century Avenue and Mounds Boulevard.
3. Cedar and Portland avenues: Closed between 28th and Lake streets.
4. 5th Avenue S.: The ramps to northbound I- 35W and eastbound I-94 are closed. Fifth Avenue is closed between Franklin Avenue and E. 19th Street.
5. Franklin Avenue S: The bridge over I-35W is closed until spring 2018.
6. I-35W: The southbound I-35W ramp to 35th Street closed. Motorists should follow the posted detour to the 46th Street. The MnPass lane on northbound I-35W is closed from 24th Street to downtown Minneapolis.
7. Hwy. 110 in Mendota Heights: Westbound lanes closed between I-494 and I-35E through Oct. 2.
8. Hwy. 95 in Afton: Southbound lanes closed between 15th and 21st streets.
9. Hwy. 61 in Cottage Grove: The County Road 19/Innovation Road overpass is closed.
10. Hwy. 5 in St. Paul: Both directions at Payne Avenue reduced to two lanes. Payne Avenue is closed between E. 7th Street and Woodward Avenue.
11. Hwy. 149/Smith Avenue in St. Paul: The High Bridge is closed until December 2018.
12. Hwy. 51/Snelling Avenue in Falcon Heights: Lane restrictions between Energy Park Drive and Hwy. 36.
13. Eastbound 694 in Shoreview: Restricted to two lanes separated by a concrete barrier between Hwy. 10 and I-35E. The inside lane carries through traffic and drivers must continue east on I-694. The outside/right lane allows access to local streets and drivers must continue south on I-35E. Westbound traffic is down to two lanes. Eastbound Hwy. 10 ramp to I-694 is closed. MnDOT says consider using an alternate route,or detour via Snelling Avenue.
14. I-35W at Hwy. 10 in Arden Hills: Ramps from west Hwy. 10 to north I-35W and north I-35W to County Road I are closed.
15. Hwy. 10 in Elk River: Intermittent lane closures between Waco Street and Joplin Street.
16. Hwy. 243 in Osceola, Wis.: The bridge is closed. Detour via Hwy. 8 through Taylors Falls.
17. Hwy. 169 in Edina and St. Louis Park: Closed between Bren Road and Lincoln Drive/5th Street and single lane between I-394 and Excelsior Boulevard. Ramps at Bren Road are closed. The ramp from west I-394 to south Hwy. 169 is closed.
18. Hwy. 41 in Chaska: Closed between Hwy. 5 and Lyman Boulevard until Sept. 26
19. 66th Street in Richfield: Closed to through traffic between Girard and Xerxes avenues S.
20. 86th Street in Bloomington: The overpass at I-35W is closed. Southbound I-35W from 8 p.m. Friday to noon Saturday reduced to two lanes from I-494 to 90th Street.
21. Hwy. 55 in Inver Grove Heights: Lane restrictions in the vicinity of Argenta Trail.
22. Hwy. 3 in Castle Rock: The highway is closed between W. 275 and 280th streets.
23. Hwy. 169 in Shakopee: One lane closed between Hwy. 41 and W. 145th Street from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.