Getting around the metro area has become easier with the Lowry Hill tunnel back open as well as the ramp from north Interstate 35W to west Interstate 94. Drivers will still find lane and speed restrictions on I-94 between Interstate 394 and Brooklyn Center.
Many construction zones will be idle, but cones will still be in place, so slow down, the Minnesota Department of Transportation said.
Traffic may be lighter across the metro as many people have left or will leave town for the Labor Day holiday. The biggest traffic magnets will be on roads leading to the State Fair and Twins games Saturday and Sunday at Target Field.
Metro Transit and Minnesota Valley Transit Authority buses and trains will follow a Sunday and holiday schedule Sunday and Monday. Northstar Trains won't run Monday.
Interstate 94 in Minneapolis and St. Paul
1. I-94 from Minneapolis to Brooklyn Center: The Lowry Hill tunnel is back to three lanes in each direction. Drivers will find lane restrictions between I-394 and I-694. The ramp from east I-94 to 7th Street is closed. Motorists are being detoured to 4th Street.
2. I-94 from St. Paul to Maplewood: Eastbound has one lane set aside for through traffic while one lane is for drivers who want to access local streets. Lane and restrictions and ramp closures between Century Avenue and Mounds Boulevard.
3. Cedar and Portland avenues: Closed between 28th and Lake streets.
4. 5th Avenue S.: The ramps to northbound I-35W and eastbound I-94 are closed. Fifth Avenue is closed between Franklin Avenue and E. 19th Street.
5. Hwy. 110 in Mendota Heights: Westbound lanes closed between I-494 and I-35E through early fall.
6. Hwy. 95 in Afton: Southbound lanes closed between 15th and 21st streets.
7. Hwy. 61 in Cottage Grove: The County Road 19/Innovation Road overpass is closed.
8. Hwy. 5 in St. Paul: Both directions at Payne Avenue reduced to two lanes.
9. Eastbound 694 in Shoreview: Restricted to two lanes separated by a concrete barrier between Hwy. 10 and I-35E. The inside lane carries through traffic and drivers must continue east on I-694. The outside/right lane allows access to local streets, and drivers must continue south on I-35E. Westbound traffic is down to two lanes. Ramps to and from Victoria Street to east I-694 are closed.
10. I-35W at Hwy. 10 in Arden Hills: Ramps from west Hwy. 10 to north I-35W and north I-35W to County Road I are closed.
11 Hwy. 10 in Elk River: Intermittent lane closures between Waco Street and Joplin Street.
12. Hwy. 169 in Edina and St. Louis Park: Closed between Bren Road and Lincoln Drive/5th Street and single lane between I-394 and Excelsior Boulevard. Ramps at Bren Road are closed. The ramp from west I-394 to south Hwy. 169 is closed.
13. 66th Street in Richfield: Closed to through traffic between Girard and Xerxes avenues S.
14. 86th Street in Bloomington: The overpass at I-35W is closed.
15. Hwy. 13 in Burnsville and Savage: Lane closures between Hwy. 169 and Washburn Avenue.
16. Hwy. 55 in Inver Grove Heights: Lane restrictions in the vicinity of Argenta Trail.
17. Hwy. 3 in Castle Rock: The highway is closed between W. 275 and 280th streets.
18. Hwy. 169 in Shakopee: One lane closed between Hwy. 41 and W. 145th Street from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.