After a soggy week, Minnesota Department of Transportation crews are hoping for dry conditions this weekend to resume bridge painting on I-694 in the northern suburbs that has been on hold for the past two weeks.
If the weather holds, they will shut down eastbound lanes of I-694 from Brooklyn Center to New Brighton until 5 a.m. Monday.
Both directions of I-35E south of downtown St. Paul will be closed until early Monday for bridge work while lanes on I-94 in both directions narrow in the Midway near the Prior Avenue bridge project.
Once again, the southbound lanes of Hwy. 100 will be shut down, but only until 10 p.m. Saturday between I-394 and 70th Street.
The usual lineup of big events continues, too: The Gophers at TCF Bank Stadium on Saturday at 11 a.m., the Saints at CHS Field Saturday night, the Twins all weekend at Target Field and the Renaissance Festival continues in Shakopee.
Keep your eyes open for bicyclists participating in the St. Paul Classic Bike Tour along the St. Paul Grand Round parkway system on Sunday.
1. I-494 in Plymouth: Traffic between Fish Lake Road in Maple Grove and Hwy. 55 in Plymouth has been shifted to the southbound side of the freeway and is reduced to two lanes each direction until Nov. 4.
2. Hwy. 100 in St. Louis Park and Edina: Southbound lanes closed until 10 p.m. Saturday between I-394 and 70th Street.
3. I-694 in Brooklyn Center and New Brighton: Eastbound lanes closed until 5 a.m. Monday between Hwy. 252 and I-35W for bridge painting.
4. I-35W in Mounds View: Lanes narrow in the vicinity of County Road H due to bridge construction. Both directions will have alternating single and double lane closures Saturday and Sunday.
5. I-694 in Shoreview: Westbound traffic has two lanes separated by a concrete barrier between I-35E and Lexington Avenue. Ramp from westbound I-694 to Rice Street and Lexington Avenue now open.
6. I-35E in northeast metro: Intermittent lane closures between County roads 96 and J. Single lane from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. weekdays and Saturdays. Starting Monday, County Road 96 will be closed from Manning Avenue to Dellwood Road.
7. Hwy. 8 in Franconia: The highway is closed between the south junction of Hwy. 95 in Franconia and downtown Taylors Falls.
8. I-94 from St. Paul to Maplewood: The left westbound lane between Mounds Blvd. and Century Avenue is permanently closed. The left eastbound lane is closed most weekdays and Saturdays through mid-September. Travel should be easier now that a third lane is available.
9. White Bear Avenue in St. Paul: Road work between I-94 to Beech Street, and closed to all traffic between Wilson Avenue and 3rd Street.
10. Hwy. 36 in Roseville: Westbound traffic has been shifted onto new permanent lanes. Eastbound is still using a bypass at Lexington Avenue. Ramps at Lexington remain closed.
11. I-35E in St. Paul: Both directions will be closed through 5 a.m. Monday between I-94 and Shepard Road. Randolph Avenue bridge over I-35E closed until late September.
12. Hwy. 5 in St. Paul: Single lane in each direction between Shepard Road and the Hwy. 5/55 interchange near Fort Snelling.
13. Washington Avenue in Minneapolis: Eastbound lanes closed until 5 a.m. Monday between Hennepin and Marquette avenues. Westbound lanes closed from Portland Avenue to Hennepin Avenue S.
14. Hwy. 3 in Farmington: Alternating lane closures between Hwy. 50 and 179th Street.
15. Hwy. 61 in Denmark Township: Crews are prepping the road for construction in both directions of Hwy. 61 from just north of Hwy. 10 in Cottage Grove to just south of 127th St. in Hastings.