North of the Twin Cities drivers can expect delays on I-94 between Clearwater and Monticello as the freeway will be reduced to a single lane in each direction.
The University of Minnesota’s homecoming game against Illinois Saturday afternoon and related festivities will bring street closures and extra traffic around TCF Bank Stadium. The homecoming parade will march down University Avenue between 12th Avenue and Walnut Street at 6:30 p.m. Friday.
Other traffic generating events include the Vikings game at noon Sunday at U.S. Bank Stadium and a World Wrestling Entertainment’s “Tables, Ladders & Chairs” event Sunday night at Target Center.
Here is where construction project and detours will continue.
1. Cedar and Portland avenues: Closed between 28th and Lake streets for bridge construction. The Portland Avenue bridge over I-94 is closed until late November. Detour is via Chicago Avenue.
2. 5th Avenue S.: The ramps to northbound I- 35W and eastbound I-94 are closed. Fifth Avenue is closed between Franklin Avenue and E.19th Street.
3. Franklin Avenue S: The bridge over I-35W is closed until spring 2018.
4. I-35W: The northbound MnPass lane is closed from 26th Street into downtown Minneapolis. Lane closures in the vicinity of Franklin Avenue.
5 . Hwy. 5 in St. Paul: Both directions at Payne Avenue reduced to two lanes. Payne Avenue is closed between E. 7th Street and Woodward Avenue.
6. Hwy. 149/Smith Avenue in St. Paul: The High Bridge is closed until December 2018.
7. I- 694 in Shoreview: Lane closures between Hwy. 10 and Rice Street.
8. Hwy. 10 in Elk River: Intermittent lane closures between Waco Street and Joplin Street.
9. Rockford Road in Plymouth: Reduced to one lane in each direction on the over pass at I-494.
10. 66th Street in Richfield: Closed to through traffic between Girard and Xerxes avenues S.
11. 86th Street in Bloomington: The overpass at I-35W is closed.
12. Hwy. 55 in Inver Grove Heights: Lane restrictions in the vicinity of Argenta Trail.