AT ST. LOUIS
Edward Jones Dome
TV: Ch. 9
Line: Rams by 3
ABOUT ST. LOUIS
• QB Sam Bradford has career highs in passer rating (81.9) and passing yards per game (221.3).
• Minnesota native James Laurinaitis leads the Rams with 119 tackles from his middle linebacker spot. He has an interception, one-half sack and a fumble recovery.
• Defensive end Robert Quinn is fourth in the NFC with 9 1/2 sacks; rookie CB Janoris Jenkins has two touchdowns on three interceptions.
• The Rams have the NFL's 10th-ranked defense: ninth vs. the pass and third in sacks per pass play. A minus-6 in takeaways through 10 games, the Rams are plus-5 the past three.
PLAYER TALK Running back Steven Jackson
Jackson needs 71 yards to become the 27th player with 10,000 in his career, all with the Rams. Jackson is seventh in the NFC with 836 rushing yards.
• On playing in meaningful games in December: "We haven't had that opportunity around here for quite some time. It means the world. It makes going to work fun."
• On being on the cusp of 10,000 yards: "It means I've been blessed to have been successful over a long, sustained period of time, being someone the franchise can lean on."
• On fellow running back Adrian Peterson: "It seems he can do no wrong. You can see his determination, grit, focus on each and every carry."
COACH SPEAK Jeff Fisher
• Fisher inherited a Rams team that went 2-14 last season and has them in the NFC playoff conversation. Fisher, who coached the Tennessee Titans for 16 seasons, is fourth among active coaches with 147 career victories.
• On turning around the Rams: "I've been told that 24 players on last year's opening-day roster are out of the NFL. So we've replaced a lot of players. And it's an ongoing process. We're not there yet."
• On playing with Leslie Frazier in Chicago: "I have great memories, going all the way back to our first week of training camp. Great man. Fine coach. I'm happy he's been able to turn the team around this year."