Take this Super Quiz to a Ph.D. Score 1 point for each correct answer on the Freshman Level, 2 points on the Graduate Level and 3 points on the Ph.D. Level.
Subject: MUSIC: A TO J
Answers are in alphabetical order from A to J. (e.g., An elaborate song for a solo voice as in an opera. Answer: Aria.)
1. A wind instrument associated with Scotland.
2. A group of singers, or that catchy part of a song that repeats several times.
3. A piece of music sung or played by two people.
4. A short, tricky tune played mainly for practice or to demonstrate skill.
5. A violin, especially when used to play folk music.
6. You play this instrument by hitting metal bars with a small hammer.
7. A religious song that people usually sing in churches.
8. A short, connecting instrumental movement in an opera.
9. A fast traditional dance that involves a lot of small jumping steps.
ANSWERS: 1. Bagpipe. 2. Chorus. 3. Duet. 4. Etude. 5. Fiddle. 6. Glockenspiel. 7. Hymn. 8. Intermezzo. 9. Jig.
18 points - congratulations, doctor; 15 to 17 points - honors graduate; 10 to 14 points - you're plenty smart, but no grind; 4 to 9 points - you really should hit the books harder; 1 point to 3 points - enroll in remedial courses immediately; 0 points - who reads the questions to you?
Super Quiz is a registered trademark of K. Fisher Enterprises Ltd. © 2018 Ken Fisher
North America Syndicate Inc.