Take this Super Quiz to a Ph.D. Score 1 point for each correct answer on the Freshman Level, 2 points on the Graduate Level and 3 points on the Ph.D. Level.
Subject: HISTORY: "MAC"
Each answer begins with "Mac." (e.g., Canada's first prime minister. Answer: Macdonald, John A.)
1. General who formally accepted the Japanese surrender (World War II).
2. His masterpiece was "Il Principe" (1532, "The Prince").
3. Region ruled by Philip and his son Alexander the Great.
4. Region returned to Chinese control by Portugal in 1999.
5. He overthrew King Duncan in 1040.
6. English prime minister who suffered the setback of the Profumo Affair.
7. Scottish engineer who pioneered a type of road construction.
8. The name given to a family of Jewish patriots who headed a revolt.
9. Austrian physicist after whom the speed of sound in air is named.
ANSWERS: 1. MacArthur, Douglas. 2. Machiavelli. 3. Macedon (Macedonia). 4. Macau. 5. Macbeth. 6. Macmillan, Harold. 7. Macadam, John. 8. Maccabees. 9. Mach, Ernst.
18 points - congratulations, doctor; 15 to 17 points - honors graduate; 10 to 14 points - you're plenty smart, but no grind; 4 to 9 points - you really should hit the books harder; 1 point to 3 points - enroll in remedial courses immediately; 0 points - who reads the questions to you?
Super Quiz is a registered trademark of K. Fisher Enterprises Ltd. © 2017 Ken Fisher
North America Syndicate Inc.