Take this Super Quiz to a Ph.D. Score 1 point for each correct answer on the Freshman Level, 2 points on the Graduate Level and 3 points on the Ph.D. Level.
Subject: CONFUSING ANIMAL NAMES
(e.g., The horned frog is not a frog but a ____. Answer: Lizard.)
1. It may "fly away home," but it's a beetle, not a bug.
2. This large lizard is not really a dragon.
3. The titmouse is not a mouse but a ____.
4. Named a "horse" only because its head and neck are suggestive of a horse.
5. The firefly is not a fly but a ____.
6. This marsupial only looks like a bear.
7. Despite its name, this mammal is more closely related to dogs than cats.
8. Its name includes "hog" only because of its piglike snout.
9. If it were a wolf, its main diet would not be termites and insect larvae.
ANSWERS: 1. Ladybug (or ladybird). 2. Komodo dragon. 3. Bird. 4. Sea horse. 5. Beetle. 6. Koala bear. 7. Polecat. 8. Hedgehog. 9. Aardwolf.
18 points - congratulations, doctor; 15 to 17 points - honors graduate; 10 to 14 points - you're plenty smart, but no grind; 4 to 9 points - you really should hit the books harder; 1 point to 3 points - enroll in remedial courses immediately; 0 points - who reads the questions to you?
Super Quiz is a registered trademark of K. Fisher Enterprises Ltd. © 2017 Ken Fisher
North America Syndicate Inc.