Take this Super Quiz to a Ph.D. Score 1 point for each correct answer on the Freshman Level, 2 points on the Graduate Level and 3 points on the Ph.D. Level.
Subject: BOAT TYPES
(e.g., A small boat moved by two oars. Answer: Rowboat (dory).)
1. A small, light boat; pointed at both ends; propelled with a paddle.
2. A sailboat with two parallel hulls held together by a single deck.
3. An inflatable rubber life raft.
4. A flat-bottomed Chinese boat, with a high stern, and lugsails.
5. A small, covered canoe that you move with a single paddle that has two flat ends.
6. A flat-bottom boat for carrying heavy loads (especially on canals).
7. A large, open Inuit boat made of skins on a wooden frame.
8. An Arab ship with low sides and sails shaped like triangles.
9. A long, flat-bottomed boat with square ends, propelled by a long pole.
ANSWERS: 1. Canoe. 2. Catamaran. 3. Dinghy. 4. Junk. 5. Kayak. 6. Barge.
7. Umiak. 8. Dhow. 9. Punt.
18 points - congratulations, doctor; 15 to 17 points - honors graduate; 10 to 14 points - you're plenty smart, but no grind; 4 to 9 points - you really should hit the books harder; 1 point to 3 points - enroll in remedial courses immediately; 0 points - who reads the questions to you?
Super Quiz is a registered trademark of K. Fisher Enterprises Ltd. © 2017 Ken Fisher
North America Syndicate Inc.