Take this Super Quiz to a Ph.D. Score 1 point for each correct answer on the Freshman Level, 2 points on the Graduate Level and 3 points on the Ph.D. Level.
Subject: ALL IN THE FAMILY
Each answer contains a word denoting a relative. (e.g., The imaginary author of nursery rhymes. Answer: Mother Goose.)
1. A personification of the U.S. government.
2. Two Germans who collected and researched folk tales.
3. Biblical woman who became a pillar of salt.
4. Comics Chico, Harpo, Groucho and Zeppo.
5. Popular musical by ABBA.
6. Personification featuring an old man with a scythe and hourglass.
7. Apple with a green skin and hard, tart flesh.
8. A wealthy older man who gives a young person gifts in return for friendship.
9. Biographical film about legendary country music singer Loretta Lynn.
ANSWERS: 1. Uncle Sam. 2. Brothers Grimm. 3. Lot's wife. 4. Marx Brothers. 5. "Mamma Mia!" 6. Father Time. 7. Granny Smith. 8. Sugar daddy. 9. "Coal Miner's Daughter."
18 points - congratulations, doctor; 15 to 17 points - honors graduate; 10 to 14 points - you're plenty smart, but no grind; 4 to 9 points - you really should hit the books harder; 1 point to 3 points - enroll in remedial courses immediately; 0 points - who reads the questions to you?
Super Quiz is a registered trademark of K. Fisher Enterprises Ltd. © 2016 Ken Fisher
North America Syndicate Inc.