Wednesday marks the conclusion of the regular season, and a number of conference championships are still to be determined.
South St. Paul can wrap up the final Classic Suburban Conference championship — the league is disbanding after the 2013-14 school year — with a victory at St. Thomas Academy; St. Michael-Albertville travels to Rogers in a battle of unbeatens with the Mississippi 8 Blue Division crown on the line; Benilde-St. Margaret’s plays at Spring Lake Park for the North Suburban championship; Totino-Grace hosts Osseo for the championship of the Northwest Suburban; and Rosemount looks to finish 7-0 in the South Suburban with a victory over Lakeville North.
Metro Top 10
1. Eden Prairie (6-0): An opportunistic defense forced five Wayzata turnovers in the first 12-plus minutes of play in a 49-14 rout Friday.
2. Maple Grove (7-0): The Crimson kept it simple Friday, rushing for 397 yards while throwing the ball just three times in a 49-14 victory over Coon Rapids.
3. East Ridge (6-1): Quarterback Seth Green passed for 159 yards and rushed for 56 more as the Raptors held off Stillwater.
4. Lakeville North (6-1): The Panthers leaned on their defense once more in a 24-0 victory over Eagan, their fourth shutout of the year.
5. Rosemount (6-1): A smashmouth showdown looms Wednesday as the Irish host Lakeville North with an eye on the South Suburban title.
6. Osseo (6-1): Does QB Matt Miedtke deserve a little more love? With 1,652 yards and 20 TDs passing and a QB rating of 124.8, the answer is a big, fat yes.
7. Totino-Grace (6-1): The Eagles have depth in the backfield. Nine different players carried the ball in their 57-21 victory over Armstrong.
8. Prior Lake (5-2): Good teams win when they don’t play their best, which is what the Lakers did in grinding out a 17-7 victory at Eastview.
9. Roseville (6-1): With a victory Wednesday at Mounds View, the Raiders would clinch at least a tie for their first Suburban East Conference title.
10. Wayzata (4-2): Take away the five turnovers and Wayzata went toe-to-toe with Eden Prairie. I believe the Trojans are far better than they showed Friday.
Others receiving consideration: Minnetonka (5-2), Cretin-Derham Hall (5-2), Chaska (Class 5A, 7-0), South St. Paul (Class 4A, 7-0).