- Tuesday's 4-3 victory over Detroit capped an 18-10 August for the Twins. No American League team won more games during the month.
- J.J. Hardy has four errors in his past 11 games after committing just three errors in his first 69 games. His left wrist has been sore, but for some reason, Hardy's throws have been the issue.
- Danny Valencia absolutely smashed both of his doubles on Tuesday. The rookie is batting .429 at Target Field.
- Joe Mauer has 41 doubles, six shy of Justin Morneau's team record set in 2008.
- Jesse Crain's scoreless appearance leaves him with a 0.28 ERA (1 ER, 31.2 IP) in his past 35 games.
- Jason Kubel said the swelling in his left wrist actually had decreased by the time he met with reporters after the game. But it was still pretty swollen. "Hopefully it's just a couple days," he said. "We’ll see how it goes."
- The Twins lineup would look pretty thin and awfully righthanded without Kubel, Justin Morneau (concussion) and Jim Thome (back stiffness). Asked Tuesday if Thome was touch and go, Manager Ron Gardenhire said "It’s touch right now. Hopefully tomorrow it’ll be go."
- Kubel said he did not run through a stop sign from third-base coach Scott Ullger in the seventh inning. "He was sending me," Kubel said. "I saw that, put my head down and I don’t know what happened after that." Kubel was out by a mile.
- There's no doubt Morneau's season is in jeopardy. It seems like this week's stay-at-home orders are a last-ditch effort to get him past his symptoms. He and the doctors are trying everything they can to get him past this. Meanwhile, Krista Morneau is pregnant with the couple's first child with a due date coming soon. Can't imagine how emotional all of this is for them, but you hope the pending birth gives them a reminder of what's really important. The looks on the Twins faces tell you how much they miss their big slugger, how much they're pulling for him.
- An 11:05 a.m., start for the White Sox and Indians today. Garcia vs. Carrasco. Manny's in Chicago's lineup, batting fifth.
- Finally, don't miss Steve Rushin's ode to Met Stadium and Target Field.
More from Star Tribune
More from 6-4-3
Mike Quade takes over for Gene Glynn, who was promoted to Paul Molitor's staff in Minnesota
Buxton's second camp with major leaguers will give new manager Paul Molitor a chance to evaluate top prospect
New Twins manager puts pitching staff in hands of Allen and Guardado, two former major-league closers
Rays' Triple-A coach chosen for Paul Molitor's staff over former Mariners coach Carl Willis
Third baseman Miguel Sano, second baseman and outfielder Eddie Rosario, right-handed starter Alex Meyer and left-hander Jason Wheeler became part of the major-league team on Thursday,
Recommended For You
With Shannon Brooks healthy, Rodney Smith continuing his roll and Mitch Leidner moving better than he has in two years, the Gophers used a potent running attack to defeat Colorado State 31-24 on Saturday at TCF Bank Stadium.
Ted Cruz announced Friday he will vote for Donald Trump, a dramatic about-face that may help unite a deeply divided Republican Party months after the fiery Texas conservative called Trump a "pathological liar" and "utterly amoral."
Carolyne Giancola knew how to take “no” for an answer, but she says her bosses didn’t. When she worked as lead teller at the Elliot…
Crews with a bulldozer punched a hole in the building before court order stopped demolition.
Voters must know more about candidate's possible financial ties.