Maple Grove wins on no-hitter, 12 K’s
• MAPLE GROVE 3, SPRING LAKE PARK 0: Sydney Smith pitched a no-hitter with 12 strikeouts to lead the No. 1 seed Crimson to a Class 3A, Section 5 semifinal victory over the No. 3 Panthers. Smith has been dominant this season. She was 11-0 in the regular season with 124 strikeouts. The win advances Maple Grove to the section championship.
• ST. ANTHONY 4, VISITATION 1: Rosie Roberstad had two hits, including a home run, and Kelly Tappe pitched three innings of one-hit relief as the Huskies defeated the Blazers to avoid elimination. The teams will play again on Thursday for the Sectoin 4AA championship.
• NEW LIFE ACADEMY 10, COLUMBIA HEIGHTS 0: Chloe Westlund had two hits and two RBI and Valerie Hohol struck out seven as the Eagles topped the Hylanders to win the Section 4A championship. The victory advances New Life Academy to the Class 1A state tournament for a record ninth consecutive time.
• BENILDE-ST. MARGARET’S 7, ST. LOUIS PARK 3: The No. 1 seed Red Knights rallied from an early two-run deficit behind Michael Kaminski’s three-hit game to defeat the Orioles in the 6AA quarterfinals. Red Knight pitchers Jimmy Cron and Tyler Wyvell allowed just four hits combined in the win.
• MINNEHAHA ACADEMY 1, ST. PAUL ACADEMY 0: Jesse Retzlaff pitched seven innings of one-hit ball to lead the Red Hawks over the Spartans in Section 4A.
• Top seed Jesse Sprinkel of Minneapolis South faces No. 4 seed Max Olson of Edina and No. 3 seed Nick Beaty of Wayzata takes on No. 2 seed Manfred Barrios of Hopkins in the stacked Section 6AA quarterfinals Wednesday. Sprinkel defeated Olson for third place in the state tournament last year. They haven’t met since.