Breck wins on big second period
• BRECK 5, ST. PAUL ACADEMY 2: Tyler Lindstrom had two goals and two assists to spark the Mustangs, ranked No. 6 in Class 1A, past the No. 7 Spartans. The Mustangs, who led 1-0 after one period, broke the game open with three goals in the second.
• MAHTOMEDI 7, HASTINGS 1: Jack Becker had a goal and three assists to lead the Zephyrs, ranked No. 4 in Class 1A, past the Raiders. The Zephyrs, who trailed 1-0 after one period, outshot the Raiders 30-9 in the final two periods.
• LAKEVILLE NORTH 3, BURNSVILLE 0: Nick Poehling scored two goals in the third period to lead the Panthers, ranked No. 1 in Class 2A, past the Blaze. Jack Poehling, his brother, scored the Panthers’ first goal and Ryan Edquist had 18 saves for the shutout.
• WAYZATA 2, MINNETONKA 1: The Trojans, ranked No. 7 in Class 2A, took a 2-0 lead and then held on for the victory over the No. 5 Skippers. Max Zimmer had a goal and an assist for the Trojans.
Cretin-Derham Hall shuts out foe
• CRETIN-DERHAM HALL 1, WHITE BEAR LAKE 0: Emma May’s 16 saves and Jordan Hanson’s power-play goal midway through the second period helped the Raiders, ranked No. 10 in Class 2A, outlast the Bears.
Threes assist Chisago Lakes
• CHISAGO LAKES 78, NORTH BRANCH 52: Jakob Lindquist made five of six three-point attempts and scored 31 points to pace the Wildcats past the Vikings.
• ELK RIVER 78, COON RAPIDS 52: Zeke Delain scored 19 points and Trent Pink 17 for the Elks, who pulled away from a nine-point halftime lead.
Centennial wins in rout
• CENTENNIAL 66, ARMSTRONG 34: Jaycie Gerding scored 19 points to lead the Cougars, ranked No. 9 in Class 4A, to the victory.
• ELK RIVER 79, COON RAPIDS 40: Abi Scheid converted 10 of 11 free throws and scored 24 points to lead the Elks, ranked No. 5 in Class 4A.