A January to forget
The Wild went 3-7-3 in January, including 0-3-2 at home. While its position in the standings didn’t change much, the amount of points between the teams ahead and behind changed dramatically. Here’s a look:
Overall record: 20-10-6
Home record: 14-5-1
Road record: 6-5-6
• Fifth in the Western Conference, fourth in the Central Division, top wild-card spot.
• Thirteen points behind Dallas, four behind St. Louis, two behind Chicago.
• Seven points up on ninth-place Colorado, nine points up on 10th-place Vancouver.
Overall record: 23-17-9
Home record: 14-8-3
Road record: 9-9-6
• Fifth in the West, fourth in the Central, top wild-card spot (tied with Colorado).
• Fifteen points behind Chicago, 12 behind Dallas, nine behind St. Louis.
• One point up on ninth-place Nashville, four points up on 10th-place Vancouver and Anaheim.