The "appropriate for all audiences" trailers for "The Hangover II" have been summarily pulled from theaters by Warner Bros. and, significantly, the MPAA. Maybe cooler heads realized that some scenes were better suited to a red-band, or restricted, trailer. Or maybe it dawned on someone that the sequel looks like a clone of the (admittedly hilarious) original. Not sure a reworking of the trailer will fix that.The final reel: news and notes
- "The Hunger Games" has its Peeta (Josh Hutcherson, "The Kids Are All Right") and Gale (Liam Hemsworth, "The Last Song").
- Sean Hayes will go all Olivier as Larry Fine in the Farrellys' "Three Stooges."
- The wait is over: Rob Van Winkle (aka Vanilla Ice) plays Adam Sandler's buddy in "I Hate You, Dad," also starring Andy Samberg, Leighton Meester and James Caan.
- Steve Carell romances Keira Knightley in "Seeking a Friend for the End of the World."
- James Marsden, perhaps driven mad by "Hop," will play Charles Manson in "The Dead Circus" (also starring Michael C. Hall and Melissa Leo).
- M. Night Shyamalan is hoping proven hitmaker Will Smith (and son Jaden) can help him out of his creative and critical funk in an untitled sci-fi adventure movie.
- Pixar has pushed "Monsters University" back to 2013.